A smile makeover is a way to capitalize on yourself by investing in your smile. It makes use of one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures to enhance the aesthetic appeal of a smile. The makeover may involve procedures like fillings, veneers, teeth whitening, dental implants, bridges, crowns, bonding, and much more. It is a process that is custom-made specifically for an individual's needs.
When planning a smile makeover, factors like gum tissue and lips, teeth, hair color, skin tone, and facial structure are considered while creating a functional and beautiful smile.
What Are Some Key Benefits of a Smile Makeover?
- A smile makeover helps increase self-confidence.
- Some of the procedures of a smile makeover reduce trouble with chewing.
- Difficulties with speech are corrected.
- Dental health issues like cavities, discoloration, and tooth breakages are fixed.
- Missing teeth are replaced, gaps in the teeth are filled, and tooth injuries are repaired.
What Are the Procedures Involved in a Smile Makeover?
- Teeth Whitening: Dentists use more potent and effective methods to whiten your teeth than you would otherwise get by using store products. In just one sitting, your teeth can be whitened. The key to good whitening is to create a natural and pleasing color for your teeth.
- Tooth Bonding: Bonding is a great way to save the tooth when you have tooth discoloration, cracks, or small chips and make it look whole again. This is achieved by the dentist bonding a super-strong resin to your tooth to make up for the missing enamel. The resin is stable, safe, and matches the tooth color so that it blends in perfectly with the rest of your teeth.
- Veneers: They can correct almost any tooth problem and are custom-made for your teeth. A dental veneer can shape a tooth that's either too big or too small and help conceal chipped or worn-down teeth.
- Crowns: They help protect teeth that have been weakened, cracked, or worn down. Crowns are primarily composed of materials such as metal, porcelain, resin, or even a combination of these.
- Dental Implants: They provide the best solution when you have one or more missing teeth. Dental implants can be employed to replace more than one tooth. If you have several teeth replaced in a row, they can all be cemented to one implant. And they can even be used to substitute dentures.
- Invisalign: They offer a discreet solution for people who want to have their teeth straightened. Invisalign consists of plastic trays and clear aligners that are barely visible to others. Additionally, with Invisalign, you can take them out to eat and clean your teeth. And they often work faster than conventional braces.
Call us at Alencar Family Dentistry or Schedule an Online Appointment to know more about a smile makeover.