A bright smile with a complete set of teeth makes you feel good about yourself. But having missing teeth not only shakes your confidence but also makes your oral structure decline rapidly. Therefore, It is vital for the health of your remaining teeth and your whole body to replace missing teeth. When you lose teeth, you will be open to a host of problems.
Dental implants help you regain your self-esteem by making you look and feel better. They have been used to replace missing teeth for decades and are now standard treatment for restoring functionality. Dental implants could help you smile again.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an advanced tooth replacement option that imitates the whole tooth structure. A titanium root is neatly inserted into the bone and is used to support a crown, bridge, or denture. It will resemble and act like a real tooth and can last a lifetime if properly cared for.
Dental implant technology has become a state-of-the-art tooth-replacement solution because of its advantages over the previous therapies. And, with the latest innovations in dentistry, most patients can benefit from them; even those formerly told they could not.
What Are The Key Benefits and Advantages of Dental Implants?
- Prevents bone loss: When there is no tooth, the jawbone in the space deteriorates because of lack of stimulus. Dentures can even quicken bone loss as they often become loose and rub against the bony ridge, progressively wearing it away.
- Keeps surrounding teeth stable: The gap from a missing tooth can cause the neighboring teeth to shift towards the hole. This unwanted shifting of your teeth out of position could affect your bite, ability to chew, and your appearance. A bad bite could also lead to issues with your TMJ (temporomandibular joint) and might result in pain and headaches.
- Acts like natural teeth: Most patients will not be able to tell the difference between their natural teeth and the implant tooth. One of the most remarkable advantages of an implant is that it restores full chewing power, and a person can eat with it normally.
- Prevents Gum Disease: A missing tooth gap will allow the food and bacteria to get trapped in it, leading to gum disease.
- Prevents premature aging and facial sagging: The sagging of the face is an unwanted effect of bone loss resulting from missing teeth. Changes can occur in the facial structure, including excess wrinkles around the mouth, thinning lips, and a more pointed chin, making the person look a lot older than their actual age.
- Lasts a lifetime: Dental implants can usually last a lifetime. The implant is manufactured from titanium and integrates with the jawbone. It’s bio-compatible, non-toxic, and, as a result, cannot be rejected by the body, making it a more permanent solution.
Call us at Alencar Family Dentistry or Schedule an Online Appointment to know more about Dental implants